2020-2021 Grades 1-9 Times
Regular Day Morning Warning Bell: 8:11 a.m
Recess: 10:00 – 10:14 a.m.
Regular Day Lunch Hour Times: 12:00 – 12:57 p.m. (Students all go outside first then eat afterwards)
Afternoon classes resume: 1:00 p.m.
Regular Day Dismissal Time: 2:55 p.m. Early Dismissal Time (1st Wednesday October-June): 2:10pm
- Students who arrive after 8:13 a.m. are considered late. They must come through the front doors and get a late slip before going to class.
- Students who need to come back into the school after school will need to use the front doors.
- All external doors will be kept locked during school hours with the exception of the front door.
- The front doors are open from 7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
English & French Immersion Kindergarten
Morning Classes: 8:15 – 11:06 a.m. (Warning Bell: 8:11 a.m.)
Afternoon Classes: 12:00 p.m. – 2:51 p.m. (Doors open 11:55 a.m.)
Kindergarten students enter the school through the north doors by the Junior Playground.
**Please note that there may be staggered entry and exit times due to Provincial COVID Guidelines. This will be shared with parents in August.
Kindergarten students do not attend school on Early Dismissal days (1st Wed of each month – October – June)
At the beginning of the school year, students come to school in small groups. The teacher welcomes the children into the program and gently introduces them to the Kindergarten environment. The children are given time to become acquainted with each other and with classroom activities and materials. Your child’s staggered entry time will be emailed to you along with additional class info at the end of August.
- The school entrances are supervised from 8:05-8:13 a.m.
- Please do not drop children off before 8:00 a.m.
- Children who arrive between 8:05 – 8:10 a.m. have ample time to get to classrooms prior to attendance being taken.
Recess and Noon Hour
Students will be supervised during the morning and lunch recess. All students who go home for lunch must have a formed filled out by parents. No students are permitted to leave the school grounds other than to go home. Students are not permitted to go to another student’s house for lunch. (Please see Parents – Forms on the website)
- Bus students are supervised by school personnel.
- All students are expected to go directly home and not play on the parks unless they are with their parent.
- It is a parental responsibility to supervise your child after school hours. The school cannot be expected to deal with issues that happen after school hours.
- The hallways, exits and the front of the school are supervised until 3:00 p.m. (On Early Dismissal days – supervision goes to 2:15 p.m.)
- Children, who return to play on the playground structures or on school property after school will not be supervised by school personnel. Monitoring student behaviour is a parental responsibility after school hours.
- After the children have left, the school doors are locked. At that time only the main doors are open until 4:00 p.m.