Learning & Assessment
Our school teaches the curriculum for subjects as prescribed by Alberta Education.
My Child’s Learning – This resource will provide you with a better understanding of Alberta’s curriculum and related information for your child.
Comprehensive School Health
A healthy school community is one that supports the wellness of all its members (students, teachers, staff, and parents) and strives to be a healthy setting for living, learning, and working.
Catholic Religious Instruction- Grades 1-6
Parents have the option to have their child receive Catholic Religious Instruction . Catholic Religious Instruction is taught one 40 minute block per week. Students who are not in Catholic Religious Instruction take the Health course.
Assessment & Reporting Progress
Reporting Student Progress to Parents
- Our school has three formal reporting periods (November, March & June)
- All grades use PowerSchool to report student assignments and progress. Assignments are connected to curricular outcomes and have a description. Teachers may also make comments on the assignments. Anything that apprears blue is a hyperlink to more information.
- There will be no printed copies of report cards. Report cards are emailed to parents at the end of each term. Parents are encouraged to visit PowerSchool on a frequent basis to view their child’s progress.
- Parent Teacher conferences are held in October and March. March conferences are student-led.
- Please see our Reporting Student Progress document for more information.
- Parents are also welcome to contact the school to discuss their children’s progress or program at any time. Please contact the classroom teacher to arrange an appointment.